Monday, November 21, 2011

CHICKEN PICCATA * (PROFESSIONAL RESULTS FOR THE BEGINNER COOK)*

CHICKEN PICCATA

Sometimes you just need a quick and easy dish that is sure to impress...This is the one!  I do have a couple more that I'll share with you later, but for now enjoy one of my favorites!  Big <3 

INGREDIENTS

4 CHICKEN CUTLETS
2 T. VEGETABLE OIL
1/4 C. DRY WHITE WINE (USE GOOD STUFF)
1 t. garlic, minced
1/2 C. chicken broth
2 T. fresh lemon juice
1 T. capers drained
2 T. butter
Fresh lemon slices
chopped fresh parsley


Heres how you do it!

1-Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
2-Coat a saute pan with vegetable oil and heat over med. high heat.

3-Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes, flip and saute on the other side for 2-3 minutes.

4-Transfer cutlets to a warm plate.
5- Deglaze pan with wine and add garlic.
6-Cook until garlic is lightly brown and liquid is almost evaporated, about 2 minutes.


7-Add broth, lemon juice and capers and lemon slices.


8- return cutlets to pan for about 3 minutes.

9-Transfer cutlets back to plate.
10-Finish sauce with butter.
11- Once butter melts plate chicken with some sauce and garnish with cooked lemon slice and fresh parsley.
As you can see I like to serve mine with seasoned wild rice and mixed veggies
 (normally I serve with California blend but I was out so ya just make do!)

I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!  <3


1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! Your pictures make me want to make it right now. Thanks for posting! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete