This desert is better than anything I have ever had!
Don't ask questions!!! LOL
Ingredients:For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of Cool Whip (or homemade whipped cream)
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 3 cups of whole milk
8 oz. Cool whip
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a bowl, mix together the flour, walnuts and butter until mixture resembles cookie dough. Spread into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Bake at 375degrees F for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about an hour.
Mix together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add 1 cup of the Cool Whip and mix together. Spread this layer over the cooled crust.
Mix together the two boxes of pudding with the 3 cups of milk until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes. Carefully spread over the cream cheese layer.
Spread the remaining cool whip topping on top. Cover and refrigerate - best if refrigerated 24 hours.
*Garnish before serving*
Due to the fact that my camera broke, I borrowed these pictures from http://www.deepsouthdish.com
Thank you so much for the use of them. BTW check out the great recipes they have there!