Friday, October 7, 2011

Tip #1 Some Cupboard "MUST HAVES" (CUPID CLUSTERS)

     So I wake up yesterday, all prepared for the day. (cause you know I am oh so organized)  ;) I have everything set for  The Beebins (My 8 yr old daughter...the baby... who thinks she is 21) snack day @ school, when she turns to me and says "Oh no Mom I can't bring THAT to school for snack day!!!!!"  "NO ONE LIKES THOSE!!!"  It's peanut butter crackers...who doesn't like those?  Now I have learned a long time ago to pick my fights with my kids (4) and to be prepared for such cases.  So I reach up in the cupboard praying I have everything on hand (this is where you insert the must have tip) to make  a quick semi nutritious snack that the teacher won't hate me for.  Thank God I do!  I figured I am not the only one who has had this happen to them and I would pass on the this quick tip info so you can be prepared for this too......
>>>inserting disclaimer HERE>>>>> Not everyone has a child who gets them up at 4 am, although this is real quick and easy recipe, it can be made the night before! :)

                                              These are Cupid Clusters....or  Just Clusters.....
depending on how you dress them up and what you put in them.

6 Cups of any type of Cheerios
1 Cup of Cherry Craisons
1 bag of White Chocolate
cupcake papers (mini or regular size)
(thats it)
see how easy?

* Place cupcake papers in cupcake pans
*Melt white chocolate in microwave or in double boiler
(I use a large glass bowl over a sauce pan with a little boiling water in the pan)
* When chocolate is melted add cheerios (I use multigrain) and cherry craisons
 (or any dried fruit)
*stir well
*Moving quickly spoon into cupcake papers 
(heaping teaspoon for mini and heaping tablespoon for regular size)
*Place in refrigerator to firm up
Thats it!  All done!
See I told you it was quick and easy!

^^^^^^HINTS^^^^^
>If chocolate seizes up (firms up) add shortening or coconut shortening(one tsp. at a time till smooth) and stir.
>Top with sprinkles if you want. (kids like this)
>For Halloween and candy corn.

Do you have any idea for a kids snack day?  If so please leave them here and I'll pass them along to our friends.




1 comment:

  1. These look pretty yummy! Nice work on such short notice! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete