Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What's it all about? (MY SUPER MOIST CARROT CAKE)

(MY SUPER MOIST CARROT CAKE)
    
What's it all about?  I mean everything.  What in the world are we here for.  What is the most important thing we can learn.  I asked myself that a long time ago.  Like I said before, I learned about life using the braille system so learning this was by trial and error too.
     I know, pretty deep stuff to be chatting about, but I'm here to make this real easy for you.  (Like I said before, "I like easy") I checked on this to see what others where saying about it and all I found was a "bunch off pig poo wrapped in a pile of horse droppings".  Any one can get all philosophical and tell you what it means, but I'm here to tell you that I know for a fact what it's about!  And It's EASY!

IT'S ALL ABOUT LOVE

     That's it! Nothing more, Nothing less!  See I told you it was easy.  Anyone can have all the riches in the world but if you don't have someone to share it with, then you have nothing!  "OK" you say laughing really hard!  I heard that before!  Well now I'm not only going to tell you what it's all about, but I'm going to tell you how to get it for yourself......READY?     **GIVE IT!**    Yup that's it!  All through the day we interact with with many people and have ample opportunities to give Love in various ways...a smile, a quick Hello, holding the door.....you name it!  Big ways, small ways.  It doesn't matter!  What Love you give is what you will get.  Done end of story!

     I know, now you are saying how does this have anything to do with (My Super Moist Carrot Cake) I give alot of my LOVE through the food I make for those whom I LOVE. This cake was my brother Dans favorite!  He passed away recently and I wanted to feel the Love from him and my Love for him.  Hey!  It works for me!  I thought it might for you too.  I just know you will LOVE it !                     
 From me to you with LOVE!

INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE
***
1 Super moist carrot cake
water*oil*eggs (according to direction)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
2 bread loaf pans
PAM with flour non-stick spray
*HINT*
( I use one of my daughters apple sauce snacks)
Mix carrots into dry cake mix
add the rest of the ingredients and mix on med high speed for 2 minutes
Poor evenly into the 2 prepared bread pans
*PREPARED MEANS TO COAT WITH A NON STICK SPRAY WITH FLOUR*
Bake for 28 minutes or till done
* that's when a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean*
DON'T THEY LOOK GOOD?
CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE YET?
Let cool in pans for 5 minutes
Flip pans over onto a cooling rack and leave them sit till cool to touch
when cool (and this is one of the best parts) flip over and cut off the little hill on top
***this is when my daughter (Beebin) and I get to taste test by eating the scraps YUM***
that way they lay flat
cover with Saran wrap and place in fridge till ready to use

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
*****
1 cup (2 sticks) butter @ room temperature
12 Oz. (1 1/2 blocks) cream cheese @ room temperature
1 lb. (4 cups) confectionery sugar
1 tsp. REAL vanilla

Mix butter and cream cheese together and make very creamy
add sugar 1 cup at a time and mix till smooth
and vanilla and mix in
Ta da!!!  all done

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
*****
lay cakes on flat surface and cut across horizontally in the middle
*TIP     ---------  this is horizontal*
take the cut layer and place on serving dish and spread frosting all over
*TIP make sure you go all the way to the sides*
add another layer and do the same till it is all assembled
frost sides and then top.
I never had a chance to take a picture of the whole cake 'cause the guys dug into it too fast.
Sending big hugs and LOVE your way





No comments:

Post a Comment